Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hey, everyone. This Thursday I'm going to see the new Marvel movie, The Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm kind of excited to see it, not gonna lie, but am setting low expectations because it's another comic book movie. Don't think I hate comics, I collected them as a kid and loved the art work, but now looking back I never collected them for the interesting stories or characters. Now Tim Burton's Batman and the Christopher Reeves Superman series are my favorite comic movies, but the new species of comic movies are steeped in so much CGI that something is lost I think. Plus, I'm not a fan of the new 'dark and dingy' comic movies that seem to be really popular, like the Dark Knight series. There is a quote by Jim Henson that I whole heartedly agree with where he basically says that "Life should be fun and filled with joy all the time." So, I frankly am tired of the dark and dingy look myself.

I'm totally open to liking Guardians, but my expectations are pretty low. People are free to say that it's the new Star Wars, that's their opinion and they are welcome to it. But, we'll see. I will post my opinion after I see it.

later
jake

No comments:

Post a Comment